Monday, January 6, 2014

Thought for the New Year

So many people talking about bullies right now. Bullying is a huge problem. Really, duh. Sure was for me. I totally got the shit end of that stick for about the first 13 years of my life from everyone bigger than me. And, let me tell ya, that was everyone.

A bully is someone too scared to come at you alone. They may be the only one throwing rocks, punching bodies, calling names, or posting humiliating crap online BUT THEY ARE NOT ALONE. They are aided by each of us who doesn't scream until the rocks are dropped or hands are stilled or utterances are silenced or the passive and/or aggressive posts are ceased. If those cowards had no silent backing they would stop. Some of them don't even know they're being bullies simply because no one has ever taken the time to challenge them. No one has been brave enough to call "bullshit". I call bullshit right now. I seriously can't take any more. You don't want to see me angry

No comments:

Post a Comment